Hancock County Fair
Saturday July 20, 2019
Pit Gates open at 2:00 p.m.
Inspections start at 3:00 p.m.
Derby starts at 7:00 p.m.
Drivers meeting at 6:30 p.m.
Jared Gooding 217-440-6567
Entry fee: $30.00
(Entry fee gets driver plus one pit pass)
Pit pass: $20.00
**Under 13 NOT allowed in pit**
Stock Class: 1st $1,700; 2
2nd $800; 3
3rd $400; 4th $100
Compact Cars: $1000 purse
Compact Trucks: $500 purse
Hancock / Fulton County Fair
Participants must be at least 18 years of age, or if 16 or 17, must have a signed waiver by parent or guardian.
All participants must be at the track one (1) hour prior to the show. ALL persons entering the pit area are required to have a wristband and sign a waiver.
No one under the age of 13 is allowed in the pit area.
In fairness to all contestants, the following rules and regulations will be STRICTLY enforced and hoods will be opened for inspection.
American cars or station wagons allowed as factory equipped.
No jeeps, trucks, carryalls, Imperials, convertibles or hearses. No 1969 or older Lincoln Continentals. No Imperial sub-frames allowed on cars. No ’03 and newer Fords
Compact cars will use the same rules as the stock class. Compacts MUST NOT exceed 108” wheelbase and be a factory 4 or 6 cylinder.
Drivers may maneuver in any direction hitting other active cars once every minute or less. Drivers’ door hits are
not allowed. You get one warning and then are disqualified. Two fires and you will be disqualified. Helmet, long
sleeves, and adequate eye protection MUST be worn. At least a lap-type seat belt must be worn.
NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE PIT AREA. VIOLATORS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED
Stock Class Rules
- All glass, chrome, pot metal, lights, carpet, backseats, head liners, fiber glass, anything flammable (except front
seat) must be removed before reaching the exhibit area. Do not break glass down in doors. Trunks must be empty of
all debris, spare parts, tires, rims, etc. Station wagon rear decking and seats must be removed.
- Batteries must be placed in a secure position and MUST be covered with rubber floor mat or something non-flammable. Battery must be securely fastened down. Your battery must not move when checked. No battery packs.
- Stock gas tank MUST be removed. NO FACTORY GAS TANKS. NO PLASTIC TANKS. The only exception is a bought racing fuel cell. Tank must be mounted in rear seat area either on the seat bar of cage or on the floor and be bolted down with metal straps no ratchet straps, bungee cords, plumbers strap, or metal screws. All tanks MUST be covered with a rubber cover or something non-flammable. All tanks MUST have secure cap. All lines and fittings MUST be leak proof and meet approval of Officials.
- Absolutely NO Frame Welding, Tilting, or Cold Bending.
- Hoods and trunks must open for inspection. Hoods must be in the stock location. Hoods may use two (2) pieces of 3/4” max. all-thread through the radiator support and body mount with washers no larger than six (6) inches diameter and spacer must not exceed four (4) inches. In addition to all-thread hoods will be allowed 6 pieces of # 9 wire, 4 loops per wrap. Hoods may have up to ten (10) 3/8” max. bolts with washers no larger than 1 inch diameter per header hole. Trunks must have 50% in stock location. Trunks may have 6 places of #9 wire, 4 loops per wrap. No all thread through trunk lid. All wire must be sheet metal to sheet metal.
- You may replace six (6) body mounts of your choice (radiator support counts in your six). Bolts no larger than 3/4” with washers no larger than four (4) inches. WASHERS MUST BE INSIDE FRAME. Must have a minimum of 1 Inch spacer between body and frame.
- You can weld a total of 12 inches per vertical door seem (NOT window pillars) 3“x 1/8“ max. strapping, and 6 pieces of #9 wire or 3/8 chain max. You are allowed a 1/8” thick door skin on the drivers door ONLY. MUST NOT OVERLAP DOOR SEAM.
- Drive train may be any engine and tranny in any car. May weld engine mounts to engine cradle only DO NOT exceed factory installation. You may weld a 6” long piece of angle iron 1/4” max. thickness to the frame to attach a stock crossmember to. You may use aftermarket pedals and drive shaft. You may use a lower engine cradle only with NO other protectors. Rear ends must be a factory 5 lug rear end with NO bracing. NO pinion brakes. Driver’s safety cage – A four pipe or bar cage may be placed around the driver’s compartment. Cage material must not be bigger than 6” diameter. Cage may be welded or bolted in NO down tubes. Will not extend in front of firewall or more than 12” behind drivers seat. A gas tank protector is allowed but must be attached to rear seat bar and be no more than 24” wide, must be at least 2” from rear sheet metal of car. You may wire cage to frame in 4 spots inside of car. No grader blades or bars on outside of car. THIS RULE WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- Bumpers are interchangeable but must be a car bumper. Bumpers may be loaded. Bumpers may be welded to shock cans only, shock cans may be collapsed and welded. Bumpers may be hard nosed. You may weld brackets to frame DO NOT weld anything behind the core support body mount. You may use (1) piece of chain per side bolted to help secure the bumper. You may use (6) loops of #9 wire from radiator support to bumper outboard of radiator. Nothing added in front of radiator. Tires – Fifteen (15) inch max. tires of any make or manufacture may be used. Valve stem protectors are okay. No split rims. No bead protectors.
- Bolts holding fender to fender well will be allowed. No more than ten (10) per fender this includes quarter panel 3/8” diameter bolt max. with 1” washer allowed. Doors and body cavities may not be filled.
- A minimum of 1 maximum of 2 bars from firewall to roof in center of car is required. No cross connections. Windshield bars can’t be more than 3” wide, 5” on firewall and 5” on roof max. No rear window bars.
- Steering columns may be after market. All other steering and suspension components must remain stock.
Compact Truck Rules
- Must be a factory 4- or 6-cylinder compact truck. 2wd only if 4wd front driveshaft must be
removed. No engine swaps.
- All glass, chrome, pot metal, lights, carpet, backseats, headliners, fiberglass, anything flammable
(except front seat) must be removed before reaching the exhibit area. Do not break glass down in doors.
- Batteries must be placed in a secure position and MUST be covered with rubber floor mat or
something non-flammable. Battery must be securely fastened down. Your battery must not move when
checked. No battery packs.
- Stock gas tank MUST be removed. NO STOCK TANKS. NO PLASTIC TANKS. The only exception is a
bought racing fuel cell. Tank must be mounted inside of cage area and secured down with metal straps
no ratchet straps, bungee cords, plumbers strap, or metal screws. All tanks MUST be covered with a
rubber cover or something non flammable. All tanks MUST have secure cap. All lines and fittings MUST
be leak proof and meet approval of Officials.
- Tires –Sixteen (16) inch tires max. of any make or manufacture may be used. Valve stem protectors
are okay. No split rims. No beadlocks or bead protector.
- Doors – All doors and tailgate may have a total of 12 inches welded per vertical door seem NOT
window pillar (3“x 1/8“ max. strapping). If not welded, you may wire or chain in 6 places.
- ABSOLUTELY NO FRAME WELDING.
- Hood – Hoods must open for inspection. Hoods must have two holes for fire purposes. You may
use two (2) 3⁄4“ all thread in core support six inch max. washer. In addition to bolts you may use six (6)
places of 9 wire. You may have up to ten (10) bolts holding hood skin together.
- Bumpers – You may replace the front bumper but must be a flat bumper with six (6) inch max.
material. You may weld bumper on NO welding behind core support body mount. Must be factory rear
- You may replace the two rear bed mount bolts with 3⁄4” bolts. NO WEDGED REAR ENDS.
- You must bolt the cab and bed together in four (4) places. Max. 3⁄4” bolts, Min. 1⁄2” bolts. Six-inch
- A minimum of 1 maximum of 2 bars from firewall to roof in center of truck is required. No cross
connections. Windshield bars can’t be more than 3” wide must be flat steel NO tubing or angle iron. 5”
on firewall and 5” on roof max.
- You may run aftermarket steering column. You may wire or bolt your A-arms down. All other
steering components must remain stock.
- Bumper height must be 16″ to 26″ measured to the bottom of the frame at the back and front body
- Driver’s safety cage – A six-point cage may be placed around the driver’s compartment cage may
extend into bed. Cage material must not be bigger than 6” diameter. Cage may be welded or bolted in.
Side bars will not extend in front of firewall or farther back than 6” in front of rear wheel well. You are
allowed a cross bar at the firewall, behind seat, and at very back of side bars. Down tubes must be
straight down (max. of 4 down tubes one at each corner) may be welded to flat part of frame. Front
down tube must not be in front of inside front door seem. Cage must be a minimum of six inches above
sheet metal. You are allowed a roll over bar. No grader blades or bars on outside of car. THIS RULE WILL
BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.