- All talent show entries must be a Hancock County resident. There will be a review process to consider entries that do not meet this requirement.
- Professional entertainers are not eligible to be in the talent show.
- The entry can represent only one county fair at the state level.
- A $10.00 entry fee (plus $5.00 for each additional act member after 5 members) is due with this entry form.
- Junior: Entries can be 14 years of age or younger on the day of the competition. Junior division winners can be 15 years of age when competing at the state level the following January.
- Seniors: Entries cannot be over 21 years of age on the day of the competition. Senior division winners can be 22 years of age when competing at the state level the following January.
Scoring and Judging
Each act will be scored by a panel of three judges, (each judging independently) with a 1 through 10 score awarded in each of the four categories, with 10 being the highest score. The judges’ decision will be final.
Any ties will be decided by a consensus of the judges for the clear winner. Awards will be presented at the end of the event. Grand Prize winning entries in each age category are awarded the opportunity to compete in the state talent competition representing Hancock County. The runner-up may represent Hancock County
in the event that the winner can not compete. Each act will be judged on the following:
- Originality: Uniqueness of the act, new ideas, adds signature to performance
- Showmanship: Entertainment value, ability to entertain and engage crowd
- Overall Performance: Technique, creativity
- Stage Presence: Energy, confidence, passion of performer
- Grand Prize: $200 will be awarded to the highest score in each age category.
- 2nd Place: $100 will be awarded to the act with the 2nd highest score in each age category.
- 3rd Place: $50 will be awarded to the act with the 3rd highest score in each age category.
- Vocalists are not allowed to sing along with lyrics on a track.
- Bands/musicians must play each instrument live. No background music or recordings allowed.
- Each act is required to be present and check in by 6:00 p.m. on July 19th, 2019. Each act must report backstage three acts before their performance. All acts must be present for the awards presentation.
- Hancock County’s Got Talent is a family friendly event. No acts will be allowed to perform wearing any clothing with themes considered inappropriate. When selecting your routine, please keep in mind that this is a public performance in front of a variety of people. No offensive language or gestures will be allowed in your performance. Points will be deducted or an act will be disqualified for the use of offensive language or gestures.
- With the exception of vocal microphones and lighting, performers are required to supply ALL equipment and props needed for their performance. No piano will be provided. Any act requiring recorded music must submit one (1) copy to the event organizer no later than July 17th, 2019.
Submission must include the following information marked on the CD.
- Name of act as listed on this application
- song title
- Category of act.
The event organizer will provide your music to the sound technician. Please have a backup copy of the music with you on the day of the competition.
Set up time between acts will be limited to three minutes without prior approval for an extended time from the event organizer. A stage manager will be available between each act for assistance.
When all entries have been received and processed the order of performance will be determined for each age category. All performer/performers will be notified of their approximate performance time via phone or email.
Acts must observe a four (4) minute time limit. Acts running longer than the allowable time limit will be subject to disqualification.
All participants are required to be courteous and respectful toward all other participating acts. Participants who fail to respect the other acts performances will be subject to point deductions and/or disqualification. Hancock County’s Got Talent organizers are not responsible for any damaged, lost, stolen, misplaced, or forgotten items and/or any and all injuries caused before, during, or after performances. The Hancock County Fair Board members shall not be held responsible for the negligent, careless, and/or reckless actions
of any act members and crew. Furthermore, acts and crew shall be held directly responsible for any damage to the stage area and/or equipment and personal property of the Hancock County Fairgrounds or any equipment provided to them. Rules and regulations are subject to change at any time before or during this event. Event organizers reserve the right to cancel this event at any time for any reason. In the event of a cancellation, all entry fees paid will be refunded in full. Acts that must withdraw from the competition must inform event organizers by July 12th, 2019.
Please mail your CD’s to Tammy Lucie, 1441 East County Road 900, Basco, IL 62313.
For questions or more information, call, or text Tammy Lucie at (217) 440-7616 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.